Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My OST



Let's face facts people. There comes a point in everyone's lives when one realizes that the parts that make up our lives are as important the sum itself. Music is one such part

What would I do without music? What would we all do without music?

While putting a gen night out with a good friend playing guitar and discussing music video ideas- Lightning struck me an I got obsessed with one single question-If my life were a movie/ music video/ rock opera/ soap how would the OST be like? What would I want people to hear?

Ergo I decided to post a series of posts on my OST, my favouritest songs, the music which makes this existence awesome!!

Before I start there is a mandatory list of people I need to acknowledge for my musical tastes
Koze: Old-school, original and uncompromising in his musical tastes. Introduced yours truly to The Who. Quadrophenia changed my life.
Nikhil: S.N.A.G indie God he is. Deathcab, Belle and Sebastian and Nuetral Milk Hotel ain't all that bad, they'll all end up on the list. But I still think Travis is gay
Norbu: He's heard it all. From Yesudas to Iggy. 3R's are his signature. Radiohead- Rage- Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
Kutty: Disturbed he is.
Ab.darklord: Amity rules,so does the Xing

Compilation No.1
The best way to start a morn
1. Beautiful Day- U2

2. Bohemian Like You -The Dandy Warhols

3. Red Morning Light- Kings of Leon
4. Don't speak - Eagles of Death Metal
5. Joker and the Thief- Wolfmother
6. Highway to Hell- AC/DC

7. Rag Doll - Aerosmith
8. Back in the U.S.S.R- The Beatles
9. Octupus' Garden- The Beatles
10. Good Times Bad Times- Led Zeppelin

11. Get on top-Red Hot Chilli Peppers

12. Baba o Riley- The Who
13. Guerrilla Radio- Rage against the Machine

14. Cochise- Audioslave

15. Jumping Jack Flash- Rolling Stones
16. Rock n Roll star- Oasis

17. Paradise City- Guns n Roses

18. Steppenwolf- Born to be wild
19. Anjaane -Strings
20. Dil Chahta Hai- Dil Chahta Hai
21. Fat Lip-Sum 41
22. I dare you to move- Switchfoot
23. Eye of the tiger- Survivor

24. Folk you- Junkyard Groove

25. Rock you Like a Hurricane- Scorpions

This list is by no means exhaustive, nevertheless it is as close to a perfect start I can get for a day. I could explain the significance of every song and all but my good friend Joseph says I should refrain from treading on Zorro on Doughnuts territory. Thankfully I'm lazy enough not to do so.

1 comment:

Harishanker said...

Didn't knoe u liked Junkyard Groove... start posting on games too...